ShimmerEVM Testnet Quickstart Guide
This guide will help you quickly get started with the ShimmerEVM Testnet, where you can deploy and interact with EVM-compatible smart contracts on the Shimmer Testnet.
- MetaMask browser extension installed
Open MetaMask and click on the network dropdown at the top.
Select "Custom RPC" to add the ShimmerEVM Testnet.
Enter the following information:
- Network Name:
- New RPC URL:
- Chain ID:
- Currency Symbol:
- Block Explorer URL:
- Network Name:
Click "Save" to add the ShimmerEVM Testnet to MetaMask.
Please read this MetaMask guide for a detailed guidance.
Get Testnet SMR Tokens
- Go to the ShimmerEVM Testnet Toolkit.
- Connect your MetaMask wallet by clicking "Connect Wallet" or paste an EVM address.
- Select the account you want to receive testnet SMR tokens.
- Click "Send funds" to get testnet SMR tokens.
Get Simulated Bridged Tokens
- Go to the ERC20 Simulated Token Faucet.
- Connect your MetaMask wallet by clicking "Connect Wallet".
- Select the account you want to receive simulated bridged tokens.
- Choose the desired token (fETH, fBTC, fUSDT, etc.) from the dropdown list.
- Click "Submit" to get the selected simulated bridged tokens.
Deploy and Interact with Smart Contracts
You can now use your testnet SMR tokens and simulated bridged tokens to deploy and interact with smart contracts on the ShimmerEVM Testnet. Utilize popular development tools and frameworks, such as Truffle, Hardhat, or Remix, to build, test, and deploy your smart contracts.
Explore the ShimmerEVM Testnet
Visit the ShimmerEVM Testnet Block Explorer to monitor the chain, track transactions, and explore deployed smart contracts.
- Wasp GitHub repository (smart contracts node implementation)
- Standalone Wasp dashboard
- GitHub issues page for Wasp
- Wiki article on configuring wasp-cli
- EVM toolkit
- ERC20 simulated token faucet
- GitHub Firefly Desktop 2.1.0 Beta 6
With this quickstart guide, you should now be able to set up and start exploring the ShimmerEVM Testnet. As you begin to deploy and interact with smart contracts, remember to provide feedback on any issues or improvements you discover to help make the ShimmerEVM even better. Happy developing!