Stronghold Engineering Specification
document: Engineering Specification
maintainer: Daniel Thompson-Yvetot <email@example.com>
contributors: [Dave de Fijter <firstname.lastname@example.org>, tensorprogramming <email@example.com>, Daniel Thompson-Yvetot <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Marcelo Bianchi <email@example.com>]
sponsors: [Navin Ramachandran <firstname.lastname@example.org>]
This document introduces the High-Level Specification of the Stronghold.
Logical System Design
A Stronghold is composed of several interacting systems at a low level:
- Snapshot - box-encrypted file-based persistence layer
- Vault - a write and use protected, path-based system for storing and using secrets like private keys
- Store - a read/write key:value storage system for dynamic data
- Cache - an in-memory abstraction for vault and store
- Runtime - memory protection system for secrets
At the high level, Stronghold provides an official client for interfacing with a Stronghold snapshot and its records.