The IOTA DIDComm Specification is in the RFC phase and may undergo changes. Suggestions are welcome at GitHub #464.
- Version: 0.1
- Last Updated: 2021-10-29
Indicates the graceful termination of a connection. It is expected that no reconnection attempt will be made on any of the message thread/s in this connection following termination. This provides a chance for the receiver to clean up or archive any resources allocated to the connection.
- A verifier terminates the connection following a successful presentation from a holder.
- One participant experiences an error and terminates the connection gracefully after sending a problem-report.
- Sender: initiates the connection termination.
- Receiver: is notified of the termination.
- Role: sender
- Role: receiver
This section is non-normative.
- Which party terminates a connection depends on the application but is usually the same as the one that initiated it following a successful interaction to achieve.
- Any party may terminate a connection at any time, even during a protocol.
- A termination message indicates a graceful end to a connection but the underlying transport layer connection could terminate without this message. Implementors should implement reasonable timeouts and reconnection capabilities.